What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves have a tendency to be demanding. Rest assured we have ways to dispense with the difficulties, seeing as how we’ve gotten people to cities spanning the globe for so long. Whether you’re traveling from Denver to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere in the states to anywhere else – we’ll get your household where it’s got to go. We take full responsibility for your international move throughout …
The Moving Process
Here are the steps you can We take responsibility for each and every one of these matters regarding your move:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, particularly, you’ll likely want to know right away what such a move will set you back financially. Contact us. Speak with us. Tell us where you’ve got to go, when you would prefer to or must go, and what type of a move you’d want us to execute for you. Reflecting our considerable experience with global moving, we’ll provide you with a free ballpark estimate. This might or might not be the final price. Further meetings with you will help determine that. But at least you’ll have a fair notion of what to expect, budget-wise, before signing on with us.
The Home Survey
To reach a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we must take stock of the possessions you’ll be moving. We give you two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to consult with you on various aspects of your move, perform a walk-through of your home, and take that survey of your belongings.
- By means of your mobile phone, you make contact with our estimator and perform your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need transported.
The Written Estimate
After consulting with you and analyzing your Home Survey results, we can present a more exact, written estimate of your international moving costs. It encompasses everything relating to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve picked.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which affirms locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve selected, safety and insurance provisions, the cost, and other matters. Signing it validates that you approve of our terms and pricing and authorizes us to arrange for your move.
The Move Plan
To reassure you of an international move that’s smooth, safe, and trouble-free, we give you a Move Concierge – your very own, exclusive representative and counselor. He or she will assist you in planning the various details of your move. At your first consultation, your Move Concierge will …
- affirm your move dates,
- affirm the addresses involved stateside and out of country,
- affirm which of our services you’d like,
- offer preparatory instruction in what to expect from you move, and
- provide answers to your questions.
From here on, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can count on him or her being thoroughly familiar with the complexities of international moving and alerting you well – especially on customs laws from one country to another. Besides providing you with critical information on your specific destination country, he or she also can provide you assistance with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other necessary international paperwork.
Then, all through the move, your Move Concierge will keep you well apprised of how everything’s progressing.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date comes up, we’ll email or call you to confirm that you’re still “good to go” with it, in accordance with the plan. We’ll vet dates, times, locations, and other important elements associated with your relocation to another land, another culture.
Our packing options are offered to more fittingly match your needs and budget.
- Opt to do your own packing; if you like, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Elect to turn the packing over to our crew. Or
- Choose to start out packing yourself and allow us help you by packing specialty items.
Whatever way you prefer to have your packing discharged, you can be confident we know foreign customs laws and will assure that your shipments conform. That includes assuring packed belongings are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as specified.
When the truck and crew pull up at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and conduct a walk-through, acclimating themselves to your rooms and the items you’re moving.
Next, they’ll do what’s necessary to protect your home as they move things out. They’ll pad stair rails, cramped corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors clean and undamaged .
In loading your household goods onto the truck, our crew will ensure that moving boxes are labeled and categorized by room to aid in their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else has to be disassembled will be meticulously torn down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew conducts quality checks and stays in close contact with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
Once we get your possessions safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews take every precaution to unload it. Prime features of our destination-country delivery services are …
- making use of protection pads and carpet covers to ensure that your new home remains undefiled while we’re moving you in,
- systematic unloading – unloading your belongings into the rooms you direct us to put them in,
- rebuilding the equipment and furnishings disassembled for the move,
- unpacking – just tell us; we’ll take care of it, and
- debris removal – where, if you prefer, we’ll cart off all the empty moving boxes and debris after the unpacking.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the completion of your international move, your Move Concierge will call you to ...
- discuss it with you,
- examine how faithfully we provided the services you selected
- discuss any unresolved matters, and
- THANK YOU for calling on A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote