By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Do you think you're planning to move soon? If you are, you may be overwhelmed, thinking about all the belongings you'll need to pack. But not everything you would like to transport to your new house can or ought to be moved by your professional movers in Denver
. Quite simply, there are a few items that you ought to move on your own. The following are four of the primary varieties of items your moving company in Denver
cannot move, coupled with a few considerations and warnings and how we will assist you.
1. HARMFUL ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, moving companies keep a list of dangerous items which they cannot move. Chemicals reacting with other matter, like setting paint thinner and also weed killer together on a moving truck can result in a catastrophic outcome.
Some of the hazardous items that can't be moved comprise those, including lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, house cleaners, pesticides or herbicides, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, pool chemicals and even nail polish remover. Make sure to consult with your moving company in Denver for a whole list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving van is plants. The truth is, there are some states with rules, regarding certain indoor plants that can or cannot cross over a state line. Whilst pests as well as mites aren't a challenge in some states, they are regarded as being incredibly dangerous in other states.
Furthermore, most moving companies do not want to move plants because unwanted pests that live in the soil can simply spill into the moving van. Even if your moving company confirms to move your plants, they may not survive, particularly when you are moving a long distance because plants have to have sunlight and also water. In case there isn't space in your car for the plants, why not give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they can carry your precious valuables on their moving truck, it's still smart to keep your important documents and photographs together with you. The reason being these are things which are not simply replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Denver generally pack most canned food for you, but you really should consider if this is a good idea. Of course, perishable food items can't be carried on a moving van. It will be recommended that you get rid of your perishables along with food items in glass jars as opposed to transporting them with you.
You want to make room in your car for more important things, and you don't want to worry about calamities from leakages, cracks or mold prior to arriving at your new home. However boxed and/or canned foods, such as spices and dried fruits may be moved. For any questions regarding which food items that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to bring your household pets with you and go over any unique needs your furry friend might have with your veterinarian.
· As for alcohol, consider that state laws and regulations regarding alcohol in all forms may differ, so it is advisable to not move your alcoholic beverages.
· Why not take advantage of grocery delivery soon after arriving at your new residence. You can purchase online for food, paper products, cleaning products as well as other essentials.
· You can fit your lawn mower on the moving van, as long as you have drained the gasoline and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's likewise dangerous for you to move hazardous products in your vehicle. It's better to simply repurchase them after you arrive at your new home. In other words, don't take the potential risk of moving them.
To make moving as easy as is possible, call us today to set up an appointment and find out more about the wide variety of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote