By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
often provide a selection of associated services that are designed to help everyone with a seamless move. Some offer local storage, several will help you move specialty belongings, and the majority provide a professional packing service to pack-up homes for their moving clients. As a professional moving company in Denver
, A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers many services, and have assisted lots of people enjoy a worry-free, complete move thanks to these extra services.
We get many questions about professional packing and what it comprises. You might be wondering "Do I require help with packing?" and if so, how much do you require, and how can you schedule it? We're here to answer all your essential questions about a professional packing service for your future move to Denver.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your residence takes a lot of effort. Many people will need at a minimum two months of nights and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and all ready for the moving company in Denver. Of course, not everybody can complete their own packing - or complete all their packing when needed. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you have the ability to do, or in the event your crazy schedule has no capacity for packing, it's a good idea to schedule your packing service early.
People Who Frequently Need a Packing Service
If you think you could need a packing service, do not fret, you are not the only one. Many varied kinds of people (and moves) require professional packing to make sure everything get done on time, and we are happy to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Below are some very common examples of people who often require all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Senior Citizens and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Sensitive Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a home normally requires between 3 and 12 hours, depending on the size of your house and how many items you own. As a rule of thumb, you could estimate that it will consume about two hours per room in your home or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered areas. Do not forget the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The best way to get an accurate quote on packing your house is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your home should help the moving company in Denver to accurately calculate how many hours and people it should take to pack your house within one or two days.
Complete vs Select Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Denver pack up your complete house including your kitchen, closets, toiletries, office – everything. However, you can also ask for a select packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Denver only to take care of bulky item disassembly and wrapping to ensure it is done correctly. A few people ask their movers just to pack kitchen items and fragile items, because movers understand how it's done and can bring all the correct materials.
Select packing services should make it possible to locate the best, most efficient method to get your home packed and moved by utilizing your own time and effort and the speedy expertise of your moving company in Denver.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
When you employ a professional packing service, what should you expect? Professional packing typically takes about one and two days of work, often scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers will begin to gently box all your belongings based on their location.
- Packing One Room at a Time
- Professional packing normally tackles one room at a time, and each and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will pack shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms are easy to assemble while you unpack.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you should remain available to give oversight and consultations. Packers might ask you regarding broken belongings, categories, or what labels to use. They might have detailed questions regarding how you want them to pack specific things or rooms.
- If you are not physically there, keep your phone with you to answer questions remotely, and you will need a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Precise Labeling
- One of the best advantages of professional packing is that each box will be a perfect fit. Years of knowledge and all the right materials mean that your team gets how to pack a carton so that it will stack safely in the moving truck and unpack conveniently on arrival. They should also typically label your boxes so you can find specific belongings and unpack rooms when you arrive.
- Putting Boxes in an Easy-to-Load Location
- The last step is stacking your cartons to get ready for the arrival of the moving van. You might ask the professional movers in Denver to leave cartons in the rooms for which they were packed, or to place all of them in the living room for quick, efficient moving van loading when it’s moving day.
How Do You Prepare for a Packing?
How do you prepare if professional packers will be arriving soon? You might make the day smoother and the packing more organized with a bit of prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Be sure you have clean dishes and folded or hanging laundry if you are asking your professional movers in Denver to pack up the kitchen as well as bedrooms.
- Place Items in Their Correct Rooms
- When the home is packed as well as unpacked, it is usually done by room. While you may not have to completely tidy up, putting belongings in their correct area is a good method to make sure they wind up in the proper carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Dare your family to think of pantry-emptying meals and donate whatever is left. Excluding some spices and dry goods, there isn’t any need to pack and move your food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- And lastly, make a list of any items you happen to be stressed about to discuss with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you have a big move in the near future, you may not have the time or ability to do all the packing by yourself - and that will be perfectly fine. Full-service professional movers in Denver like A-1 Freeman Moving Group provides professional packing services. Call us now to consult on the packing services your move might need.
Request a free quote