The Do's and Don'ts of Summer Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Of course, it means that there'll be obstacles that you will have to conquer to make your move a success. Nonetheless, with a bit of focus, scheduling, and also a small bit of assistance from a professional moving company in Denver, everything is sure to work out at the conclusion. Here are a few do's and don'ts for moving to Denver throughout the summer months:
· Choose and book your moving company in Denver as far ahead of time as you can. Since summer season is peak moving season, do not hold out until the last moment to make arrangements with your professional movers, since you may discover that your chosen company is already reserved.
· Stay hydrated. Some people are unknowingly struggling with chronic dehydration, and the summer time high temperature merely makes things worse. To prevent fatigue, muscle cramps, headache, along with a host of various other symptoms, be sure that you are taking in adequate drinking water. And if it is possible to spare a couple water bottles for your professional movers, they'll be thankful for the hydration as well, believe us.
· Protect your skin from damaging UV rays. Wear plenty of sun block and/or a wide-brimmed hat to guard your body from the sunburn as well as other concerns that stem from too much exposure to UV rays.
· Start the move early in the morning. Whenever you can, pack and load the bulkier things before the sun comes out in full force, it'll make you and your moving company crew much more at ease during the entire remaining portion of the loading process.
· Make certain spoilable items are stored in a cool place. Whether it is foodstuff or items that might experience deterioration from lengthy exposure to heat, be sure that you have a strategy in relation to keeping spoilable items chilled.
· Anticipate to pay more. Unfortunately, summertime's popularity for moving usually signifies that you're going to wind up paying out a little bit more for the same service than you will during other times of the year.
Do not ...
· Delay the transfer of your utilities. The last thing you need is to reach your new residence only to realize that it is 90 degrees out of doors and there's no air conditioning.
· Forget to take additional precautions with your kids and/or household pets. As said before, make sure that your kids are sporting enough sunscreen, and are dressed adequately for hot weather. Keep in mind the hazards related to heat exhaustion as well as heat stroke, and keep your kids and pets well hydrated through the moving process.
· Underrate how long the moving process requires. Far before moving day, you should begin the relocation process by packing up certain items that you will not need for a time. You need to explore various moving companies in Denver, meet with the movers which you favor, and then, if you want to use them, do so a few weeks ahead of time.
The fact remains, summer time moving comes with its unique eccentricities and complications. Nevertheless, with ample planning as well as the aid of professional movers in Denver, such as the friendly pros at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to enjoy a relatively easy and seamless transition as you begin a new part in your life. If you wish to find out more about how we might help, reach out to us today.
Request a free quote